Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lincolns little antics

Lincoln has definately been my joy these last few weeks as he seems to have had a development explosion and doing lots of cute fun new things.

Linc now sticks his tongue out - it is so cute, because he hasn't figured out how to push it out very far yet so it sits between his lips. If you look at him and stick your tongue out at him, and gets the most glorious smile on his face and in his eyes and out pops his little tongue.

Linc now says "No" regularly and clearly. Last week we were at Stephen's parents farm and there were a lot of dogs at the farm, and so a lot of "Roxy, No." Herc, No!". As I strapped Linc into his car seat for the long ride home he points at Herc, who was sitting in the Jeep and says "No,no,no,no,no." It was priceless! Now, he says No, when he means no. He says NO, when he means yes. Its very cute.

Stephen has taught Linc to play hide and go seek. Stephen will say to Lincoln, "Lincoln, should I go hide?" or "Lincoln, want to come find me?" Which is usually followed by a, "No." which means Yes in this case. So then Stephen runs into another room, at which point Linc runs after him as fast as his little legs will carry. Stephen usually only has enough time to step into a closet or hide behind the door - but Linc always manages to find him, and is so proud of himself when he does!

One of the best things I am enjoying in this stage is Linc is finally starting to show affection of his own free will. When he climbs into my lap with a book in tow I am amazed everytime how perfectly we fit together. We were truly made for each other. When i squat down and throw my arms wide and the rare times he runs into them and gives me a big hug - I never want to let him go, or want that moment to end. Motherhood has rewards and moments that are priceless and inexplainable - and I am blessed, grateful, and humbled to have the privelege of being a mother.
My heart is over flowing with love and joy for my child. And it is over flowing knowing that I am priveleged enough to be carrying our second one.

The Lord is good.

No comments: