Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Days of Darkness

Monday & Tuesday of this last week were two of the hardest days I have walked through in a long time. The perfect storm of being house bound, parenting solo for over a week, & feeling like a failure in every aspect of my life. I failed more times as a parent in those 48 hours that i have ever in the last 2.5 years.
But God is faithful.
+ this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_P7Ji93pVA
+ spending a whole day doing manual labor with Stephen
+ joining a new small group
=
refreshed
motivated
determined
excited

This is what I have learned:
monotony is maddening
real community is vital
my character is tested not only in major life issue present but more importantly everyday behind the 4 walls of my home by my 2 year old son with only him as a witness as to whether i pass or fail. to remember he is the only witness that matters is the key.

No comments: