Thursday, August 14, 2008

Learning

I am learning everyday what it means to be a mother. To be so completely exhausted (and honestly, do I even know exhaustion with only one child?), and to have finally put my baby to bed at like 11pm, to only finish some laundry, sweep the floor, quickly check my email and to finally sit down for a breather, to only have it interrupted by the cries of my child. And yet i can go in there pick him up like I haven't seen him in 3 days, even though its only been 30 minutes, love him, cuddle him, and put him back to bed. It is not I as a person who is amazing, it is that fact that i am a women, and now a mother. You find this strength and energy that you didn't know existed till that little bundle of joy comes screaming out of you know where. But it definitely takes some learning, something your kind of grow into.

No comments: