Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Artistic like his Father


Stephen went to help his family on the farm for 5.5 days a few weeks ago. So I decided to help make the time go a little faster to introduce something new to Lincoln. We went off to Wal-Mart and I bought a large floor pad of paper, cool pen style crayons, finger paints and sidewalk chalk! Deciding that it was too cool for the chalk and still too young for the paints I set up the paper and the crayons on the floor and watched my little Michael Angelo go to work on his first master piece! He loved it! He loved it so much he colored for over an hour! I had to tear him away when it was nap time, and oh how he cried. But as soon as he was awake he motored downstairs, laid back down on his paper and continued his creation. For over 3 hours!!! It was incredible. And once again when it was bed time he cried and cried as I literally dragged him away from his crafts.
He still loves to color, but does not do it for the same amount of time. The one amazing thing is that he holds his crayons properly, like a pencil! Its very cute! My boy is a genius! :)

1 comment:

Hillary said...

he is such a cutie!! I can't believe how long it kept his attention! That must have been a nice little break for you! Is he left handed?? (My Mom must be excited!)