Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Compassionate at 18 months?


My darling little sweety pie (aka the big boy Lincoln) truly shocked me yesterday. During this pregnancy I have suffered severe horrendance, don't even wish them on my worst enemy, head aches. They come about every 2 weeks. Well last night was the night to get one. As I lay on the couch trying to shut out all sound and light, my little boy wanders over too me and gives me a hug. A hug!! I ask this little boy for hugs daily and rarely do I get one! He wanders off and returns a few minutes later and give me another hug! I was so touched. But then he blew my socks off - he wandered off again, went and found his 'choo-choo' (soother) and came and offered it too me! Like he was saying "Here Mommy, I know this makes me feel better! Would you like it?" I couldn't help but smile through the pain! I couldn't believe how perceptive he was and how sensitive he was too me. He made me feel loved beyond words!
As a mother I would not even think to ask to be loved back my the person that I love beyond comprehension, my son. Loving him fills me with more joy and fullfilment that I could ever ask for. But when he shows me that he loves me equally as much of his own free will - it is the greatest thing in the whole entire world. I could never imagine what motherhood actually felt like before children - i knew it would be good. I had no idea it would be this good.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

beautiful post Cher! that's so precious! and just think, you get to experience all of that twice as much now that you've got another one on the way!! I am certainly looking forward to having moments like this of my own one day!