Monday, February 1, 2010

Lil Bean

I'm 34 weeks prego - and it feels like the next 6 weeks couldn't come fast enough! I'm pretty sure I am not any bigger than I was with Lincoln, but I sure don't remember it being this uncomfortable. My braxton hicks (practise contractions) are strong, and regular. Hoisting my body out of bed in the middle of the night to see Lincoln or use the washroom is getting harder every day! My little body just isn't used to supporting this much weight, and I'm generally quite sore. Getting up the stairs while caring Lincoln is almost impossible - not sure how many more trips I can take before he will have to crawl up himself!
We are so curious as to whether we are having a boy or a girl. We didn't find out with Lincoln, but Stephen and I both knew that we were having a boy. We didn't even have a girls name picked out! So this time around, I thought I would have the mother's instict, but unfortunately have no idea! All I know is I will be over the moon with whatever gender the baby is!
It would be incredible to have another boy, a baby brother for Lincoln!! It would be amazing to see what type of personality and characteristics he would have that would be so different from Lincoln!
It would be incredible to have a girl! I want o experience having a daughter so badly! I want to see why type of daughter Stephen and I would cook up! I also think giving Stephen a daughter would be an incredible experience for him - I can't wait to see him melt as she wraps him around her little finger!
We haven't settled on any names for this little bean yet either - which was so different than Lincoln. With Lincoln, we were confidint we were having a boy, and we were certain we were going to name him Lincoln. This time, we have a few names for a boy and a girl - but nothing is certain. Even middle names we haven't settled on. But I'm not too stressed about, I'm sure once we hold our little bean we will know for certain which name is meant for them.
We are also considering a home birth this time around. We were just going to do the Hospital birth like last time, until our midwife pointed out it would be wise to plan for a homebirth, as we may not have enough time to make it to the Hospital even if we wanted too. Better to birth at home than in a car, as she would say. So we had the 'scary talk', as they call it, where she takes us through every possible scenario of what could go wrong, what action they take, when we would call an ambulance etc... We need to decide soon though. I am comfortable doing a homebirth, and the more I think about it, the more I would rather do it. But Stephen still has some hesitations, and we have agreed that we won't commit to a homebirth unless we are both 100% on board with the idea.
I just can't wait to have this little bean out of my belly and into my arms, sleeping beside me all swaddled up. Discovering his/hers big brother....seeing those first smiles. but at the same time, I am reminding myself to enjoy the now. To enjoy the pregnancy, becuase for some bizarre reason i sure miss being pregnant when I'm not!
So here's to you Lil' Bean. May you come on time and faster than your brother!

No comments: