Friday, July 23, 2010

Weening

So we have become the first attempts at weening in our parenting career! Yesterday we lost the last of LIncoln's soothers (or Chooch as we call them). So we decided that was it. He was beginning chew through them quite frequently so it really was becoming time to stop. Last night was the first night of no Chooch. And it was so much easier than I expected! He asked for it once, and Stephen explained that there was no more "chooch" and he didn't need it anymore. He still had a bit of a hard time trying to get to sleep, but no trantrum or meltdown. Then today at nap time he asked for it again and I simply said "No more chooch! How about this car?" And he completely forgot about it. Maybe I was the one holding us up! Maybe I wasn't ready to be 'weened' and he has been ready for quite some time! That's ok with me!!

No comments: