Monday, March 7, 2011

i lub you mom

Today Lincoln said "I lub you mom" for the first time of his own free will. It was right after we had spent a good chunk of time in the bathroom while he sat on the potty after he first woke up. I read him books, got him juice, covered him a blanket because he was cold. He was successful and after great rejoicing between the 2 of us, we got him dressed for the day. "I lub you mom!", as he threw himself into my lap. It was an amazing moment, one I have been waiting for a long time.

I have been potty training Lincoln for the last 3 days. The first 2 days were only half days, but today was our first full day. He has been doing so great, and only had 2 accidents today. To goes to show that if you wait long enough they practically train themselves! :)

Jack is going to be 1 in 3 weeks. It is absolutely unbelievable too me. This year has flown by. I have stopped looking at him like my little baby and now see him as my almost one year old - and my how he was developed in the last few months! He is pretty much sleeping through the night (YEA!) and is getting better at communicating what he wants. I taught him the sign for 'more' just last week and he is already using it regularly. He loves to play with the music table - he sits and claps his hands and bounces to the songs. He is so patient + content - just follows us around the house, dragging his little body as he still refuses to crawl properly, even though he is completely capable.

I daily fight the tears as I realize my baby is turning 3 soon and my other baby is turning one. Life goes so quickly once kids enter the picture. It is bitter, bitter sweet.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

wow, what an amazing Mom moment!! that must have felt so good! :) You are a wonderful Mom and Linc and Jackson are very lucky boys! hard to believe they're growing up so fast!
I miss you and wish you guys were still in Winnipeg! The other day when we passed the place you and I went for coffee one night I said to Bobby, "I miss Cher!" :)
Hope you have a wonderful week!

yuriko said...

what a tender and sweet moment. lub it.