Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Little doings...little sayings...here today...gone tomorrow

having a two year old is almost always pure joy. the things that come out of his mouth are amazing. but, despite my wishing, he continues to grow. and as he grows his cute sayings and doings cease. at least they are followed by new ones.
here are some of my current favorites
"babe" - lincoln calls me this when I don't respond to mom. he has heard stephen and i call each other this countless times each day, so it is not surprising but still makes me crack a grin every time he pulls it out
"are you kidding me?" - this one he just says randomly - but it makes me laugh because i know he heard me say it in frustration to Stephen many, many times. his voice goes so high, and all the words run together. priceless
"mommy" or "daddy" mimicked with same no nonsense tone when I am about to put my foot down and say, "lincoln." a warning inside my tone. funny most of the time when he uses the same tone back at me, not so funny when he has done it several times a day.
"heh heh heh" linc has this super funny, devious laugh he does when he is playing with his dinosaurs and one them eats another.



Jacks does some cute things as well - when ever he sees our giant blue stuffed snake he goes "sssssssss".

1 comment:

Hillary said...

SOOO funny! (the babe story) :) That made my day! I have a feeling our kids will do that some day too... I don't remember the last time we called each other by name! :P