Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jack Jack turns 2!

Besides birthing my children, there is nothing more that I love doing than celebrating their birthdays! I love to celebrate in general, and birthdays are a really special to me. Plus, having kids I find I no longer have as many creative outlets, so I tend to really enjoy putting together themed parties! Enter Jackson turning 2! We decided to go for an airplane theme, since Jack Jack loves anything that has wheels - semis (he calls them prime, as in Optimus), trains, and planes (which living near the airbase he regularly informs me when he hears a plane passing over the house) Plus I found a really great airplane cake idea online! Jack is such a fun loving kid, loves to make people laugh, and is always good for whatever is going down.

On his birthday we decided to take the boys to Regina, their favorite place to go. I know, horribly sad, but if it makes them happy. First we set up this silly streamer and balloon wall for Jack to see when he first woke up. He and Linc loved to run through it. Then we gave him his gift, which was this loud and obnoxious fire truck called Smokey. It's pretty much a toy fire truck on drugs. It sings, dances, shoots balls and apparently says 95 different sayins. But he loved it. Then it was time to go to Regina. First we took the boys to the museum. They liked it, mostly enjoyed being able to run around freely. Jack was definitely terrified of the mechanical T-rex, and Lincoln wouldn't even go in the same room as it, but I think they had fun. Then we had a ton of errands to run for the business and for Jack's party. So we hauled them around and Jack missed his nap, which made for a very crazy afternoon! We got home very late, and I wasn't feeling well so I had a nap while Stephen played with the boys. We then sang Happy Birthday to our little man and put him to bed.

For his birthday party we had so much fun! We invited Great Grandma + Great Grandpa Siggelkow, my Uncle Brent + Aunty Cheryl, Mike + Debby, Aunty Elise, Uncle Luke, Aunty Emily, Uncle Braden + Aunty Nina and cousins Ezra, Francesca, Cosette, Marcy + Dwight with Gabby +Amara, Brent + Janice and their son Soren. It was a packed basement. We let the kids play and adults talk. We ate food and laughed at the kids. We then opened gifts, ate cake and called it a day! The kids are still so young doing any type of organized activity. Jack loved it when everyone sang. I know because he got all bashful and shy. He actually started acting shy for the first time at his birthday party. I do mean literally acting - he is such a ham!

No comments: