Monday, March 10, 2008

Hiccups

Peanut had hiccups for the first time this weekend! Well the first time I noticed them. It was very cute, I was with my mom and dad and my grandma and grandpa. Mom and Grandma both got to feel the little rhythmic 'hiccup' 'hiccup' 'hiccup' while sitting in Starbucks. I was disappointed because Stephen wasn't there to feel them. He was so pumped when I told him about them but disappointed as well he didn't get to feel them. But I should have known better than to worry because Peanut came through later that night, showing Daddy his/her/its new trick! Peanut has a soft spot for Stephen. I definitely think the baby can tell whenever Stephen comes around. Peanut won't be moving at all and Stephen will come by and put his hand on my tummy and sure enough little Peanut perks right up and usually acts way more energized than he/she/it ever acts for me!

But back to the hiccups - so later that night I am lying in bed, absolutely exhausted, and Stephen is watching West Wing beside me and I feel the little rhythmic 'hiccup' 'hiccup' 'hiccup'. They were so cute, and Stephen was happy to be able to feel them. But after about 10 - 15 minutes, they weren't that cute anymore. They were down right annoying. So Stephen, being the concerned parent that he is, starts patting my tummy, like he is patting the back of the baby! Very funny but surprisingly it didn't help! Well they eventually stopped and I was finally able to fall asleep. I hope Peanut doesn't make a habit of showing off his/her/its new trick!

No comments: