Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 2010

We have been in Moose Jaw now since the end of June. Our house has finally sold. We are hoping to put in a an offer tomorrow on a house that is completely done. Well except landscaping, exterior and basement. But for us, that is pretty much done. We are so anxious to be living on our own again! Since being in Moose Jaw it has been much more trying than we anticipated. Stephen works non-stop, and has only had maybe 3 days off in the last 2 months. Which means I have been parenting 24/7 with few breaks. Mommy is getting a little impatient lately.
Lincoln's vocabulary has exploded this summer, and it is awesome. We have been waiting and waiting for this to happen. Sometimes he comes up with new words we don't know where he learned! He is like a little sponge. He also has become more tantrum prone. Thankfully, when he starts to get frustrated and starts crying and grunting more than communicating I can say, "lincoln, use your words please" And he stops and tells me what he needs. I think being so unsettled this summer and living with different ppl (spending 10 days in florida, then a week at Stephen's parents, then at my grandparents for a week, then back in Winnipeg for a weekend, and then finally at my grandparents again) he is a bit more clingly and likes to know where I am at all times. If he can't find me, I can hear the anxiety level in his voice begin to rise quickly. He also has just begun to cry whenever I leave to do errands or go on a date. Which isn't very often, but the face meltdown and weeping at the door, for a good 10 mins after I leave followed by mopingly walking around the house saying "mommy?" is what happens any time I leave. He also has begun insensately banging on the bathroom door whenever I go in there. Nothing like a relaxing bath with a toddler banging on the door yelling "MOM, SHOWER!" every 30 seconds!
He has started napping on a regular bed, which he loves and is going great. 3 nights ago he said he wanted to sleep all night on the bed, instead of his crib, so I thought that was cool and let him. He fell out twice. Once between the bed and the wall, once between the bed and crib I was using as a make shift rail. He hasn't slept on the bed since!
Jackson has started rolling over back to tummy! he continues to be my happy go lucky guy! He loves to chat and smile and lately we have found a few things that really get him laughing. like gut wrenching laughing, it is awesome! For example, talking to grandpa on skype is hilarious! Also, stephen put him up on his shoulders for the first time, and jack just roared and drooled for the longest time. i think it made him feel powerful! He also has finally been putting weight on his legs, and has come to really enjoy standing. He still sleeps with us. Once we are in our own place i will *think* about letting him sleep in his own crib.
zLinc continues to have a love hate relationship with his brother> but he is slowly coming to liking his brother more than disliking him. I will always remember the day lincoln used the word "back" for the first time. We were sitting at dinner at my grandparents. Stephen was holding Jackson and Lincoln was in his own chair. At some point I began to hold Jackson. Lincoln came over to me and started to stay "Back!"BAck!" After thinking for a while I figured out Lincoln wanted me to give Jackson back to Stephen. How sweet, I thought. As soon as Jackson was gone from my arms Lincoln climbed up onto my lap! He know only uses the word "back" when he wants his brother to be gone from my arms! Lincoln is a sneaky one!

No comments: