Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lincoln's second sleepover

Lincoln went for his second sleep over at my parents last night. The first was on our 5th Anniversary, when my parents so generously booked a wonderful couples only getaway and took our little 9 month old for the night. It was wonderful.
This sleep over was motivated by the fact that Lincoln will most likely end up at my parents for a night or two after the baby arrives. They just recently downsized their large home and are settling into a brand new condo, so we wanted to make sure Linc would be comfortable in their new environment. Well, not surprisingly Lincoln had a blast! I mean what toddler wouldn't love 24hour access to an elevator when at Grandma & Grandpas!
It was harder than expected saying goodbye to my little monkey! At first he didn't want us to leave, so my Dad brought Lincoln with us as we road the elevator down. Well it worked like a charm, when we got to the bottom he eagerly waved "Bye! BYE!" and blew us kisses, more than ready to ride the elevator back up. I was almost in tears.
But regardless Stephen and I had a wonderful evening by ourselves. We went to the Keg, also compliments of my parents, an anniversary gift used 2 months late! I was actually looking forward to having to wait for a table. Something that now can be quite stressful with a busy, hungry toddler. But unfortunately we didn't have to wait. I also looked forward to not having to suddenly rush through dinner, because Lincoln was over tired. And we didn't have to rush, it wonderful. We finished our evening with watching "Away We Go", both deciding that we needed to do the simple things, like watching a movie together, more often.

It was over all wonderful. Here a few photos that my parents took of their adventure with the Lincolnator.





No comments: