Friday, March 12, 2010

Post it on bookface

Today Stephen, Lincoln and I went for coffee at starbucks during Stephen's coffee break. Lincoln was so excited to go for "cof" with "da"! How could he not when he knows his father will spoil him rotten, making sure to order a small cup of whipping cream for his little buddy to enjoy! Lincoln knows the starbucks drive thru so well, and the treats that are sure to follow, that whenever we begin to go through one all we hear from the back seat is, "Please, please, please, please" in great anticipation of what he will get to enjoy. Anyways, I am getting sidetracked.
As we enjoyed our various drinks - a nice coffee for Stephen, Iced black tea lemonade for myself, and whipping cream for Lincoln I told Stephen how earlier that morning I had told Lincoln that we were going out and he could decide if he wanted to wear his boots or his shoes. So he runs over, grabs his shoes, and proceeds to successfully put one on the right foot, even getting the velcro done up. Stephen was very impressed and said, "You should put that up on facebook, 'Can your 2 year old put on his own shoes?'"
I cautioned Stephen, "You know honey I have one friend who has a child about the same age as Linc and she is already walking down the stairs."
"Oh!", came the reply.
"What if everyone was like, "My 18mos old can put on their shoes, whats wrong with your kid?"
We laughed, knowing, well hoping, no one would ever say that. A few minutes later an older couple, in their late 50's came up to us and told us that Lincoln was the most well behaved child they had seen in a long time, and they were very impressed. Stephen and I were so proud of our little Lincolnator! I turned to Stephen after the couple left and said, "Now THAT is something you post on facebook!"
And to think we are having another one any day now! So pumped!

1 comment:

Yuriko said...

BEST COMPLIMENT EVER!!!! WOW!!!